Want someone to walk you through this Sunday lunch favorite? Group Leader Anne Hayden is hosting her own cooking show on our Instagram stories today - hop on over there and she’ll show you each step!
- 1 can 16oz Crushed Tomato
- 2 cans 16oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 can 16oz Diced Tomato
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1⁄8 cup Garlic, Minced
- 1⁄8 cup Basil, Fresh
- 1 tablespoon Salt and Pepper each
- 1 small Diced Onion
- 1 each Egg, Optional
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound Lasagna noodles (there will be leftover!)
- 8 ounces Fresh spinach
- 1 each Yellow Squash, Sliced Thin
- 1 each Zucchini, Sliced Thin
- 1 each Onion, Small, Sliced Thin
- 1 each Eggplant, Small, Peeled and Sliced Thin
- 1 pound Fresh Mozzarella, Sliced for the top
- Oil a 9x14 casserole dish.
- Mix the red sauce. Mix the white sauce.
- Place some spinach in bottom of the casserole dish. Cover spinach with red sauce and top the sauce with a layer of noodles. Break the noodles so that they will cover the sauce in the casserole dish.
- Now, keep adding layers. For the layers, make sure to do thin layers of veggies or the pan will fill up too quickly.
Here’s the order: Red Sauce, White Sauce, Veggies, Noodles, Red Sauce, White Sauce, Veggies, Noodles, Red Sauce, Leftover White Sauce, Noodles, Red Sauce, Cheese. Make sure that the noodles, especially the last layer, are completely covered with sauce, or they will not cook and will burn.
- Cook at 350 for about 45 minutes, or until noodles are al dente. Let lasagna sit for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!