In the mood for a cooking show today? Group Leader Eva is walking us through these camp-favorite breakfast carbs on our Instagram stories today!
Makes enough for a family
- 42 ounces old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄4 cups soybean oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup water, as needed
- Dried Fruits (raisins, banana chips, craisins, dried cherries, dried apricots)
- Preheat oven to 350. Place a sheet of parchment paper onto a large sheet pan.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add liquid ingredients, adding water last and only to moisten the oatmeal.
- Spread mixture in an even, loose, 1/2-inch thick layer on the sheet pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Using a spatula and maybe knife, loosen up the granola by chopping at it and stir it a little on the sheet pan. Bake for 5-8 more minutes. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Cool completely. Chop up into bite-sized pieces and mix in whatever dried fruit you like!