Derby Day at Main Camp allows us to celebrate all things fancy and southern, and of course, the food is a big part of that! Today we’re giving you the recipes to two of our favorite Derby Day sandwiches, both from Greystone staffers. Even better? Sarah Brown is cooking you through them on our Instagram stories today - hop on over there to learn them step by step!
Solveig’s Pimento Cheese
- 8 ounces FRESHLY GRATED extra-sharp cheddar cheese (can use a combo of smoked Swiss, Monterey Jack, and sharpest cheddar you can find)
- 1⁄4 C softened cream cheese (2 ounces), room temperature
- Scant 1/2 C jarred pimento or other roasted red peppers (from a 7-ounce jar), finely diced
- 3 T Duke’s, Hellmann’s or other high-quality store- bought mayonnaise
- 1 t Dijon mustard (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 t granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 t dried red chili flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add all ingredients and beat until combined. (You can make this in advance so the avors meld well. Pimento cheese keeps in the refrigerator for 1 week.)
- Serve with celery, small hallowed out mini peppers, crackers, or make grilled cheese.