Yields 5-6 Cups
A twist on the Christmas cookie exchange - make these granola bars as a delicious holiday treat, or any time of year, without the guilt!
- 3 c quick or old fashioned oats or multi grain cereal
- 1 c sunflower seeds (I prefer roasted and salted to add balance)
- 1 1⁄2 c unsalted pepitas
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 T flax seeds
- 1⁄2 c unsweetened toasted coconut chips
- 1⁄3 c oat bran
- 3⁄4 C honey
- 1⁄4 c plus 2 T agave
- 3 T coconut oil, melted
- 1 T vanilla
- 1⁄2 t kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 t cinnamon
- 1⁄4 t ground nutmeg
- 1 6 oz bag dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 3 oz dried pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄4 c dried apricots, diced small
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats through oat bran. Bake, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together toasted oat (cereal) mixture with honey, agave, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and dried fruits. Pour back onto prepared half sheet pan and flatten with even pressure all over pan. I find it easiest to place a piece of parchment paper on top of the mixture and flatten evenly - less mess!
- Return pan to oven and bake 25-30 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking time. Cool completely before cutting. Keeps 7-10 days stored in an airtight container.