Roasted Balsamic Strawberries
- Rinse and hull one pint of strawberries. Slice in half and then in quarters.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 T of balsamic vinegar.
- Roast at 375 for approximately 30 minutes, stirring half way.
- Rinse and hull four C of strawberries. Slice in half and then in quarters.
- Place strawberries in a bowl and mix in 2 T sugar. Stir occasionally to encourage syrup to form.
Yields approximately 5 large servings
- 1 1⁄2 c fresh blueberries (we also used strawberries!)
- 2 T chia seeds
- 2 T Agave
- 1⁄2 t vanilla
- Combine berries and agave in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until berries begin to soften and burst, about 5 minutes.
- Add chia seeds and cook, stirring often, until very thick, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Add vanilla extract. Store in refrigerator up to 7 days.
We experimented with reducing the amount of chia seeds as we recognized that the jam continues to thicken as it sits. Either way, the taste is all berry with a hint of sweet for a change of pace from often very sugary jams, jellies, and preserves. We also made this with strawberries – delicious!!
- 1 c chilled heavy cream
- 2 T powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- A cold bowl and beaters/whisk will give you the best results for whipped cream.
- Whip cream until all cream is incorporated from the bowl into a thick but fluffy consistency.
- Fold in powdered sugar and vanilla. Dollop whipped cream atop biscuits and garnish with strawberries.